Linda Smith has a long history of working in a range of roles with children who face a large variety of mental health challenges.
After earning a degree in psychology, she trained in chemical dependency counseling, anger management, narrative therapy, and trauma informed care. She is completing her masters degree now in Marriage and Family Therapy.
Linda has worked as a case manager for teens and young families and a youth counselor, monitor and manager in residential settings and shelters. Linda is also works in a support role as an executive assistance for a community church.
As an adoptive parent, Linda has experienced first hand the challenges presented by children with early childhood trauma and attachment disorder. She knows how difficult it is for parents to find the right therapist and mental health services for their families and children. As a member of the board of the Alliance for child Mental Health, she is committed to the effort to address this problem.
- Northcentral University, Masters program, Marriage and Familiy Counseling, 2020
- Thomas Edison State University, Bachelors degree, Psychology,
- Edmonds Community College, Chemical Dependency Counseling,
- Mary's Place:
- Holy Apostles Greek Orthodox Church:
- Housing Hope:
- Cocoon House:
- Evergreen Recovery Centers:
- Foundations Training: Narrative Therapy Intensive, The Vancouver School for Narrative Therapy
- Institute on Trauma and Trauma-Informed Care Orgnization, University at Buffalo School of Social Work
- Anger Management Specialist CAMS-1, National Anger Management Association (NAMA)